The Municipal Garden is an important place for walk and pleasure in the city of Chania and is located between Andrea Papandreou and Tzanakaki Street. It is a project of the philhellene Reouf Pasa that was designed in 1870 according to European standards and was planted with many evergreen plants and trees under the supervision and the charge of Pasas himself.
[65 127] Since the beginning of the 20th century, there was a café in the Garden to serve the needs of the people; it has been reconstructed and is open again. An outdour cinema is hosted in the Municipal Garden that projects every summer quality movies for the lovers of the 7th art. The clock tower of the city is located on the north-east part of the Municipal Garden. Its construction started in 1924 and ended in 1927 and constitutes one of the most remarkable buildings of the City of Chania.